Sunday, May 12, 2013

On the Horizon

(Day 126, Grenoble)

I can see the end. It's a little too close for comfort, yet also too far. I have very mixed emotions about coming home. As can only be expected. I love France, I really do. I love the food, the culture, the style of life, the language. I'll miss my friends, the apartment, speaking French, the food. Honestly, the food is to die for. But I'm excited to go home too. I'm excited to see my dog, my house, my family, Dunkin' Donuts. I miss driving, my friends, and my school. I'm so excited for this summer, but I'm not ready to leave this all behind yet. I leave Friday morning: a train from Grenoble to Lyon, then a flight from Lyon to Paris, Paris to Boston. I'm excited about the traveling (I sincerely enjoy planes and trains), but I'm going to miss being so close to all these different cultures. Luckily I have my last two finals to keep me busy. Wednesday and Thursday morning. So fortunate, right? Also, I've found my second favorite flavor of macaron this week at Paul's in Grenoble (One Tribe, One Family), called Pomme d'Amour, Apple of Love, only behind all of the flavors at Laudree. I'm hoping to stuff as much French food as I can in my face in these 5(!!!) days I have left. I'm so sorry I have no new photos for you all, but I did overload it last time, so take a browse over the other pictures that I've posted throughout the semester and reminisce with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi !
    I just came across your blog and I was curious. You really seem to have enjoyed your stay in Grenoble. I was born near Grenoble and passed almost all my life (I'm 20 so it's not that huge) in this city that I love sooo much. I still live here. I just finished my degree and I'm going to do my master in the UPMF.
    I hope you had the time to discover every little beauty hidden in this beautiful city. I guess your french is now much better than my english (I don't have the time nor friends to practice ^^') ! I'd like to travel like you did, but I never really had the opportunity. I didn't have the chance to meet you in person, but it's always a pleasure to come across people who really seem to enjoy being in your country, and more, in your city (instead of so many people who just criticize all the time and don't seem to be able to appreciate the chance they have to be there, and I'm also talking about french people, infortunately).
    I hope you found your way home and you still think about France !
    All the best !
    Emma

    ReplyDelete